On this popular narrated tour of Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial and other historic Honolulu landmarks, you get to explore firsthand what happened on December 7, 1941.
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- Availability: Daily
- Time: 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. or 8:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
About the Stars & Stripes Tour
The Stars & Stripes Tour will take you on an emotionally resonating journey through history by exploring the legacy of Pearl Harbor and its profound impact on the world.
The journey begins at Pearl Harbor with exhibits of personal memorabilia, a collection of historic photographs, battle artifacts and real film footage of the attack on December 7, 1941.
You will then travel by boat for a tour of the USS Arizona Memorial, which floats over the remains of the sunken battleship, the final resting place for many of the 1,177 crewmen who lost their lives.
The USS Arizona tour includes a special audio component that features the voices of Pearl Harbor survivors.
While at the Battleship Missouri, also known as the Mighty Mo, you will hear colorful stories about the ship’s history and stand where General Douglas MacArthur accepted the Instrument of Surrender from Japan that ultimately ended World War II.
After your Pearl Harbor tour concludes, there will be a narrated drive to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific Punchbowl, where many American men and women who died fighting for their country have been laid to rest.
The trip concludes with a historic drive through Honolulu to see the area’s noteworthy landmarks – Hawaii State Capital, Honolulu City Hall, Iolani Palace and Kawaiahao Church.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Well organized day tour. Nothing was missed. It would be hard to do Pearl Harbor justice without such a tour.” – Visitor, Napier, New Zealand (Trip Advisor)
“Took a half-day tour to Pearl Harbor. It was just the right amount of time at the visitor’s center, Arizona and Missouri battleship. The history given during tour was great.” – Visitor, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Trip Advisor)
“My husband and I booked a full-day trip visiting Pearl Harbor. The trip was called ”Stars & Stripes.” Our guide drove us to the USS Arizona Memorial and informed us very well on how everything worked with pickup times, audio guides and different choices. We enjoyed the day and everything worked out well. I do recommend the company Roberts Hawaii.” Visitor – Stockholm, Sweden (Trip Advisor)
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS (* denotes stops made)
- Battleship Missouri Memorial walking tour – Walk in the footsteps of General MacArthur and experience the battleship’s most famous historic mission
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center* – Welcome to Pearl Harbor, your gateway to American wartime history. Here you will enter monuments and museums; see exhibit galleries and displays; and learn from Pearl Harbor survivors.
- USS Arizona Memorial* – The USS Arizona Memorial is the final resting place for many of the ship’s 1,177 crewmen who lost their lives on December 7, 1941. Accessible only by boat, it is a place of contemplation, inspiration and reflection. Please note: The USS Arizona Memorial is closed until March 2019 for repairs. Learn more
- Battleship Missouri Memorial* – Meet the Mighty Mo, the last battleship commissioned by the U.S. and the site of Japan’s WWII surrender. You’ll walk in the footsteps of the General Douglas MacArthur as you envision the battleship’s most famous, historic mission.
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl -The beautifully maintained cemetery at Punchbowl is a memorial to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces, and those who gave up their lives in the line of duty. This is also the final resting place of Ellison Onizuka, the first astronaut from Hawaii who was in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- Iolani Palace – This majestic structure was the official residence of Hawaii’s last reigning monarch and is the only royal palace in the United States. It features American Florentine architecture seen nowhere else in the world.
- Kawaiahao Church – One of the oldest standing Christian places of worship in Hawaii, this church is often described as the Westminster Abbey of the Pacific. It was constructed from slabs of coral rock hand-chiseled by Hawaiian divers almost 200 years ago.
- Hawaii State Capitol Grounds – Includes the Father Damien Statue, a tribute to the Roman Catholic priest who died after 16 years of serving leprosy patients, the Eternal Flame, the Korean Vietnam War Memorial and the Liberty Bell.
- Honolulu City Hall -This site of the chambers of the Mayor of the City & County of Honolulu and The Honolulu City Council.
- Narrated audio tour at USS Arizona -Features the voices of Pearl Habor survivors and noted National Park Service Pearl Harbor historian Daniel Martinez. Narrated by Jamie Lee Curtis, daughter of actor and WWII War in the Pacific veteran, Tony Curtis. Audio tour includes the USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and the Road to War and Attack Museums Exhibit Galleries and Displays.
- “Road to War” and “Attack” exhibit galleries – These galleries located at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Centre display personal memorabilia, a collection of historic photographs, artifacts of the battle and so much more.
- Ford Island (drive through) -Once used by ancient Hawaiians for a fertility ritual, this islet was the center of the attacks on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. The island is host to many national memorials and continues to operate as the center of civilian military interactions.
- Downtown Honolulu -Keep an eye out for the beautiful golden statue of King Kamehameha the Great; Iolani Palace – the only royal palace in the United States, Kawaiahao Church and the Hawaii State Capital.
- Important Information
- Skip the line with reserved movie and shuttle tickets at Pearl Harbor.
- Tour runs daily except on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day when Pearl Harbor is closed.
- Moderate walking – please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately.
- You may want to bring a light jacket in case of rain.
- Due to security requirements at the USS Arizona Memorial, bags and purses are not allowed. Bags cannot be stored on the tour bus.
- Cameras are permitted but not camera bags. Strollers are not allowed in the movie theater, on the Navy shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial, or on the USS Arizona Memorial
- All admissions are included in the ticket price.
- Sliders Grill offers other items for purchase.
- Locations/routes and times may be modified or restricted due to national and state park advisories.
- ADA Requests
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be specified in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require ADA vehicle reservations to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
- Cancellation Terms
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
- Deluxe Tour Features
- The Deluxe Tour includes a delicious lunch from Sliders Grill Lunch Wagon on the pier of the Battleship Missouri with reserved lunch seating.
- Meal includes your choice of the following:
- Classic choice: turkey & Swiss sandwich with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, mac nut shortbread cookie, & fountain drink.
- *NEW* Hot choices: quarter-pound cheeseburger, hamburger, or veggie burger, grilled chicken burger, 100% beef hot dog, Chicago dog, pulled pork sandwich, nachos, or 10-piece chicken nuggets. (All hot items come with French fries & fountain drink or bottled water.)
- Optional choice: grilled chicken salad with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, cookie, & fountain drink.
- Vegetarian choice: mixed greens salad with tomato, pickle, & onion, served with ranch dressing. Complete with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, cookie, & fountain drink. OR veggie burger with French fries & fountain drink.
- Gluten-free choice: veggie burger (no bun)