Robert’s Hawaii Clean Care Safety Program
Roberts Hawaii has created guidelines to slowly and safely restart the tour and transportation business. We’ve missed our guests, but keeping our employees and guests safe, is and will always be, our core value. These guidelines meet and are a combination of federal, state, and local regulations. With shared responsibility, together we’ll be able to open Hawaii back up for our visitors by doing our part.
SHARED RESPONSIBILITY FOR PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION
- Effective March 26th, face masks are no longer mandatory on our RTT tour vehicles.
- Face masks are mandatory until April 18th in TSA jurisdiction. Once you are on our RTT tour vehicle you can take off your mask.
- Drivers will also not be required to wear facemasks either.
- On each vehicle, Roberts Hawaii has provided hand sanitizers readily available for all guests and we encourage all guests to use it.
- Each guests will be required to provide First and Last name, email, cell phone number. Minors may use their guardian’s information.
- Drivers will call out names as Roberts Hawaii understands guests will be spread out. As guests’ names are called out, guest may approach driver WITH FACE MASK ON to check in and board to the rear of the vehicle.
- Vouchers will no longer be accepted. Billing will be done on reservations booked. Reminder cancellations over the phone must be followed with an email to [email protected] to avoid any cancel fees.
- No Mask. No Service.
- Limited supply of surgical masks will be sold by driver.
- The first-row seats will not be available to protect the driver.
- Should a guest show a fever (100.4+ degrees), driver will advise guests to go back to their lodging property, self-isolate, and follow CDC guidelines.
- Guests that present a fever will be required to go back to purchasing agent for a credit/refund.
- Face Masks are mandatory throughout time on vehicle and if in close proximation with other guests outside of the vehicle.
- Gloves are optional.
- The same seat on vehicle will be guests’ seat throughout the transfer or tour. There is no changing of seats or moving to an unopened seat.
DISINFECTING HIGH TOUCH AREAS
Driver, at least twice a day, will clean using EPA approved wipes or cleaning sprays with paper towels all high touch areas such as handle rails and arm rests as well as drivers’ own seating area.
The 10 point Cleaning Areas are:
- Entrance door surfaces
- All handrails and touch surfaces used for entering and exiting vehicle
- Driver area including steering wheel and all driver controls in cockpit area
- Overhead handrails, parcel racks, and parcel rack handles
- All seat headrests, armrests and seat belts, and reclining levers
- Passenger seating area controls
- Seat backs
- Restroom door handles inside and out, if applicable
- All Surface areas within Restroom, if applicable
Nightly, the cleaning crew thoroughly cleans the vehicle by using EPA approved disinfectant, for hard surfaces and all high touch areas. Mandatory masks and gloves are required when cleaning.
Here are the 32 point Cleaning Areas:
- Entrance door handles
- Controls (exterior)
- All handrails/grabrails in the entrance
- The entire interior surface of the entrance door
- The entire interior surface of stainruell including driver compartment hatch
- The steering wheel
- Driver controls in the cockpit area
- Driver seatbelt buckle/latch
- Driver headrest
- Microphones and AV outlets in TD seat
- Upper handrails
- Parcel racks and parcel rack handles
- Seat armrests
- Recliner levers
- Seat bottoms
- All seat fabric
- All seat belt buckles/latches
- Overhead Seat Light Switches and Directional Air Vents
- Lavatory door handles inside and out, if applicable
- Toilet seat, if applicable
- Lavatory shelf, if applicable
- Lavatory hand sanitizer container, if applicable
- The Exterior luggage door handles engine bay access,
- Engine/Mechanical access doors and handles
- Window ledges
- Pulls on all blinds
- Emergency roof hatch surfaces
- Emergency window exit levers
- The entire floor of the motor coach including stairs
- All interior glass windows
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguishers
- HVAC Filters – exterior
- HVAC Filters – interior
- Washing your hands with soap and water decreases the risk of transmission. Drivers are strongly encouraged to wash their hands at each restroom stop.
- When soap and water is not available, Roberts Hawaii has provided hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching face, eyes, nose or mouth.
PROMOTE HEALTH SCREENING
- Employees will be required to take temperature checks prior to work shift. Those that show a fever (100.4+ degrees) must stay home.
The CDC guide continues to be fluid and urge the practice of simple everyday habits to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please review the CDC website for further information on how you can be responsible and help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community. Learn More.