With its striking natural beauty, Kauai has long been a destination for Hollywood filmmakers intent on capturing the island’s unspoiled terrain. See famous locations for Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, and more!
- Island Hopping: Oahu to Kauai
- Tour Duration (not including flight time): 10 hours
- Availability: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Departure and Return to Waikiki: 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. depending on flight schedule
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 2 - 11
- Infant Under 2
Island Hopping To Kauai: Hawaii Movie Tour
Kauai is a place that sets the imagination soaring. Her extraordinary beauty and charm have been immortalized in dozens of Hollywood films and television shows, yet there’s nothing like seeing the real thing.
The Hawaii Movie Tour® on Kauai is a unique opportunity to experience the island through the filmmaker’s lens on an incredible guided tour of Kauai’s famous movie locations. The fun-filled and expertly narrated tour is aboard an air-conditioned minibus that stops at Kauai’s iconic movie locations while also viewing film clips of some of Hollywood’s most notable movies filmed on the island.
Tour Highlights (* denotes stops made)
- Wailua Falls (Kauai)* – A 173-foot waterfall located near Lihue that feeds into the Wailua River. Most recognized in the opening credits for television show Fantasy Island, Wailua Falls has also made cameos in Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy, The Amazing Race and Tropic Thunder.
- Hanamaulu Bay* – The ancient birthplace of Kawelo, a member of Kauai’s ruling family, the bay has made appearances in productions like Donovan’s Reef, Pagan Love Song, Six Days and Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Coco Palms* – Roberts Hawaii is proud to be the only tour and transportation company with access to this popular site. Please note that you will have to sign a waiver prior to entering the venue. You’ll recognize this historic property from scenes in Blue Hawaii, Fantasy Island and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* – A beautiful and accessible waterfall on the island, this is where scenes from Donovan’s Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and Seven Women from Hell were filmed.
- Kapaa Town – A beachside town where Jurassic Park was filmed
- Aliomanu – This picturesque, isolated beach was a perfect setting for Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Moloaa Beach* – A horseshoe-shaped beach on the northeast shore of Kauai, you may recognize scenes from Gilligan’s Island and Castaway Cowboy.
- Hanalei Pier* – A gathering place for the people of Hanalei seen in Miss Sadie Thompson, Wackiest Ship in the Army, South Pacific, and more.
- Hanalei Valley – A valley of taro patches, one of the most photographed places on the island, and was filmed in Uncommon Valor.
- Children under the age of 2 are free and must be seated on an adult’s lap. If you require a seat for a child under the age of 2, please purchase a child admission.
- All one-day tours are subject to availability, change without notice, and include round trip transfers from Waikiki hotels and round trip airfare to the Neighbor Island.
- All guests must bring a valid ID for airport security check-in. International guests must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
- All Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Airport and Airlines rules must be adhered to, i.e. no liquids. Please apply your sunscreen prior to boarding our vehicle.
- Locations/routes may be modified due to National Park and State Park advisories.
- Due to accessibility restrictions, not all tour stops are ADA accessible as we are unable to deploy the vehicle wheelchair lift. Locations affected include Moloaa Bay and Wailua Falls.
- Stops may include sandy, uneven, or unpaved paths.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be specified in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require ADA vehicle reservations to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of four participants is not met.
- Once purchased, this tour fee is non-refundable and the tour cannot be canceled. Due to airline restrictions, passenger name changes are not permitted under any circumstance, and switching airlines may not be an option. Airline change penalty fees may apply and vary by airline and fare type.
- No-shows incur full charges – No refunds