The guided excursion ventures to some of the island’s most spectacular destinations, including Waimea Canyon and the Spouting Horn, and ends with a cruise down Wailua River.
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours
- Availability: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Time: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Hotel Pickup: 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 4 - 11
Famous Hawaii Movie Tour
Lights, camera … action! If you’re a film buff, this Kauai movie day tour is especially for you. With its natural beauty and tropical landscapes, Kauai has long been a sought-out destination for Hollywood. You’ll love recognizing the iconic locations and backdrops from all your favorite films. For the maximum experience, immerse yourself in movie clips aboard the tour minibus and see how filmmakers made the island of Kauai translate onto the silver screen.
See where Harrison Ford and Anne Heche survived a crash landing in Six Days and Seven Nights. Relive the fate of those shipwrecked on Gilligan’s Island and feel just like a competitor in The Amazing Race. Check out the waterfall shown in the opening credits on Fantasy Island and remember, dead men tell no tales on Pirates of the Caribbean. Also don’t forget about a classic Jurassic Park tour.
Or you can croon along with Elvis in Blue Hawaii in Coco Palms – this is a special treat, as Roberts Hawaii is the only tour and transportation company with access to this popular site.
Want more movie trivia? Check out our Hawaii Movie Tours Location Guide for more information about different movie locations in Kauai.
Tour Highlights (* denotes stops made)
- Wailua Falls (Kauai)* – A 173-foot waterfall located near Lihue that feeds into the Wailua River. Most recognized in the opening credits for television show Fantasy Island, Wailua Falls has also made cameos in Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy, The Amazing Race and Tropic Thunder.
- Hanamaulu Bay* – The ancient birthplace of Kawelo, a member of Kauai’s ruling family, the bay has made appearances in productions like Donovan’s Reef, Pagan Love Song, Six Days and Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Coco Palms* – Roberts Hawaii is proud to be the only tour and transportation company with access to this popular site. Please note that you will have to sign a waiver prior to entering the venue. You’ll recognize this historic property from scenes in Blue Hawaii, Fantasy Island and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* – A beautiful and accessible waterfall on the island, this is where scenes from Donovan’s Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and Seven Women from Hell were filmed.
- Kapaa Town – A beachside town where Jurassic Park was filmed. There’s something very nostalgic about a Jurassic Park tour.
- Aliomanu – This picturesque, isolated beach was a perfect setting for Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Moloaa Beach* – A horseshoe-shaped beach on the northeast shore of Kauai, you may recognize scenes from Gilligan’s Island and Castaway Cowboy.
- Hanalei Pier* – A gathering place for the people of Hanalei seen in Miss Sadie Thompson, Wackiest Ship in the Army, South Pacific, and more.
- Hanalei Valley – A valley of taro patches, one of the most photographed places on the island, and was filmed in Uncommon Valor.
DID YOU KNOW?
Hawaii has a lot more to offer than just lush tropical settings, nearly perfect weather and world-class golden light. Filmmakers are often drawn to bring their work to the islands because of competitive 20- to 25-percent tax incentives, an expanding list of production facilities and an experienced pool of local crew and talent. From high-profile films like “Jurassic Park,” “Fifty First Dates,” and “South Pacific” to beloved television productions like “Hawaii Five-0” and Magnum P.I.,” big-name stars and blockbuster productions are making their way to Hawaii every year.
- This tour is available Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Tour departs first pick-up location at 7:00 a.m. and returns at 3:00 p.m.
- Children under the age of 4 are free but must be seated on an adult’s lap. If you require a seat for a child under the age of 4, please purchase a child admission.
- Pickup from Princeville is subject to an additional $20 transportation fee.
- Due to accessibility restrictions, not all tour stops are ADA accessible as we are unable to deploy the vehicle wheelchair lift. Locations affected include Moloaa Bay and Wailua Falls.
- Stops may include sandy, uneven, or unpaved paths.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.