HAWAII MOVIE TOUR®
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Time: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Hotel Pickup: 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Hawaii Movie Tour (Airport/Lihue/Wailua)
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 4 - 11
- Hawaii Movie Tour (Poipu)
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 4 - 11
Famous Hawaii Movie Tour®
Lights, camera … action! If you’re a film buff, this Kauaʻi movie day tour is especially for you. With its natural beauty and tropical landscapes, Kauaʻi has long been a sought-out destination for Hollywood. You’ll love recognizing the iconic locations and backdrops from all your favorite films. For the maximum experience, immerse yourself in movie clips aboard the tour minibus and see how filmmakers made the island of Kauaʻi translate onto the silver screen.
See where Harrison Ford and Anne Heche survived a crash landing in Six Days and Seven Nights. Relive the fate of those shipwrecked on Gilligan’s Island and feel just like a competitor in The Amazing Race. Check out the waterfall shown in the opening credits on Fantasy Island and remember, dead men tell no tales on Pirates of the Caribbean. Also don’t forget about a classic Jurassic Park tour.
Want more movie trivia? Check out our Hawaii Movie Tour® Location Guide for more information about different movie locations in Kauaʻi.
Tour Highlights (* denotes stops made)
- Wailua Falls (Kauaʻi)* – A 173-foot waterfall located near Lihue that feeds into the Wailua River. Most recognized in the opening credits for television show Fantasy Island, Wailua Falls has also made cameos in Dragonfly, Castaway Cowboy, The Amazing Race and Tropic Thunder.
- Hanamāʻulu Bay* – The ancient birthplace of Kawelo, a member of Kauaʻi’s ruling family, the bay has made appearances in productions like Donovan’s Reef, Pagan Love Song, Six Days and Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- ʻŌpaekaa Falls Lookout* – A beautiful and accessible waterfall on the island, this is where scenes from Donovan’s Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN and Seven Women from Hell were filmed.
- Kapaa Town – A beachside town where Jurassic Park was filmed. There’s something very nostalgic about a Jurassic Park tour.
- ʻAliomanu – This picturesque, isolated beach was a perfect setting for Six Days Seven Nights and Voodoo Island.
- Moloaʻa Beach* – A horseshoe-shaped beach on the northeast shore of Kauaʻi, you may recognize scenes from Gilligan’s Island and Castaway Cowboy.
- Hanalei Pier* – A gathering place for the people of Hanalei seen in Miss Sadie Thompson, Wackiest Ship in the Army, South Pacific, and more.
- Hanalei Valley – A valley of taro patches, one of the most photographed places on the island, and was filmed in Uncommon Valor.
DID YOU KNOW?
Hawaii has a lot more to offer than just lush tropical settings, nearly perfect weather and world-class golden light. Filmmakers are often drawn to bring their work to the islands because of competitive 20- to 25-percent tax incentives, an expanding list of production facilities and an experienced pool of local crew and talent. From high-profile films like “Jurassic Park,” “Fifty First Dates,” and “South Pacific” to beloved television productions like “Hawaii Five-0” and Magnum P.I.,” big-name stars and blockbuster productions are making their way to Hawaii every year.
- This tour is available Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Tour departs first pick-up location at 7:00 a.m. and returns at 3:00 p.m.
- Children under the age of 4 are free but must be seated on an adult’s lap. If you require a seat for a child under the age of 4, please purchase a child admission.
- No pickups from Princeville
- Poipu Hotels are subject to an additional charge of $10 p/person
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- Collapsible Wheelchairs ONLY weighing 50 lbs. or less (Wheelchair lift NOT available on vehicle).
- Not all stops on this tour are ADA accessible.
- Moloa’a Bay – Gilligan’s lsland – Guests will have to walk on an uneven narrow incline to reach destination.
- Stops may include sandy, uneven or unpaved paths not ideal for ADA accessibility.
Cancellations made outside of 48 hours from service day is subject to a 10% cancellation fee. Please allow 10-12 working days for refunds to be processed back to your card. Cancellations made less than 48 hours from service day is non-refundable. (100% charge). No shows are subject to full charge.