On this popular narrated tour of Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial and other historic Honolulu landmarks, you get to explore firsthand what happened on December 7, 1941.
STARS & STRIPES TOUR
- Duration: Approximately 7 hours (not including hotel pick up & drop off time)
- Availability: Daily
- Time: 6:20 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Waikiki Pickups: 6:20 a.m. – 7:10 a.m.
- Waikiki Returns: Approximately 3:00 p.m.
- Adult (12 and older)
- Child (4-11)
- Adult Deluxe
- Child Deluxe
About the Stars & Stripes Tour
The Stars & Stripes Tour will take you on an emotionally resonating journey through history by exploring the legacy of Pearl Harbor and its profound impact on the world.
The journey begins at Pearl Harbor with exhibits of personal memorabilia, a collection of historic photographs, battle artifacts and real film footage of the attack on December 7, 1941.
You will then travel by boat for a tour of the USS Arizona Memorial, which floats over the remains of the sunken battleship, the final resting place for many of the 1,177 crewmen who lost their lives.
The USS Arizona tour includes a special audio component that features the voices of Pearl Harbor survivors.
While at the Battleship Missouri, also known as the Mighty Mo, you will hear colorful stories about the ship’s history and stand where General Douglas MacArthur accepted the Instrument of Surrender from Japan that ultimately ended World War II.
After your Pearl Harbor tour concludes, there will be a narrated drive to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific Punchbowl, where many American men and women who died fighting for their country have been laid to rest.
The trip concludes with a historic drive through Honolulu to see the area’s noteworthy landmarks – Hawaii State Capital, Honolulu City Hall, Iolani Palace and Kawaiahao Church.
Tour Highlights (* denotes stops made)
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center* – Welcome to Pearl Harbor, your gateway to American wartime history. Here you will enter monuments and museums; see exhibit galleries and displays; and learn from Pearl Harbor survivors.
- “Road to War” and “Attack” exhibit galleries – These galleries located at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Centre display personal memorabilia, a collection of historic photographs, artifacts of the battle and so much more.
- USS Arizona Memorial* – Includes a movie of the Japanese attack on December 7th, World War II museums, an audio tour, exhibit galleries, and displays as well as a shuttle boat ride to the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Battleship Missouri Memorial* – Meet the Mighty Mo, the last battleship commissioned by the U.S. and the site of Japan’s WWII surrender. Take part in a guided tour and walk in the footsteps of the General Douglas MacArthur as you envision the battleship’s most famous, historic mission.
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl – The beautifully maintained cemetery at Punchbowl is a memorial to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces, and those who gave up their lives in the line of duty. This is also the final resting place of Ellison Onizuka, the first astronaut from Hawaii who was in the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
- Hawaii State Capitol Grounds – Includes the Father Damien Statue, a tribute to the Roman Catholic priest who died after 16 years of serving leprosy patients, the Eternal Flame, the Korean Vietnam War Memorial and the Liberty Bell.
- Iolani Palace – This majestic structure was the official residence of Hawaii’s last reigning monarch and is the only royal palace in the United States. It features American Florentine architecture seen nowhere else in the world.
- King Kamehameha Statue – A statue of one of Hawaii’s prominent chiefs who united the Hawaiian Islands.
- Honolulu City Hall -This site of the chambers of the Mayor of the City & County of Honolulu and The Honolulu City Council.
- Kawaiahao Church – One of the oldest standing Christian places of worship in Hawaii, this church is often described as the Westminster Abbey of the Pacific. It was constructed from slabs of coral rock hand-chiseled by Hawaiian divers almost 200 years ago.
Please be advised in the event of a Government Shutdown the National Parks currently will have limited access available to the public.
- Skip the line with reserved movie and shuttle tickets at Pearl Harbor.
- Pearl Harbor Audio Tour and USS Missouri Guided Tour are included: the audio tour includes audio in Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, German, French, and Spanish.
- Tour runs daily except on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day when Pearl Harbor is closed.
- Moderate walking – please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately.
- You may want to bring a light jacket in case of rain.
- Due to security requirements at the USS Arizona Memorial, bags and purses are not allowed. Bags cannot be stored on the tour bus.
- Cameras are permitted but not camera bags. Strollers are not allowed in the movie theater, on the Navy shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial, or on the USS Arizona Memorial
- All admissions are included in the ticket price.
- Sliders Grill offers other items for purchase.
- Locations/routes and times may be modified or restricted due to national and state park advisories.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be specified in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require ADA vehicle reservations to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
- The Deluxe Tour includes a delicious lunch from Sliders Grill Lunch Wagon on the pier of the Battleship Missouri with reserved lunch seating.
- Meal includes your choice of the following:
- Classic choice: turkey & Swiss sandwich with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, mac nut shortbread cookie, & fountain drink.
- *NEW* Hot choices: quarter-pound cheeseburger, hamburger, or veggie burger, grilled chicken burger, 100% beef hot dog, Chicago dog, pulled pork sandwich, nachos, or 10-piece chicken nuggets. (All hot items come with French fries & fountain drink or bottled water.)
- Optional choice: grilled chicken salad with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, cookie, & fountain drink.
- Vegetarian choice: mixed greens salad with tomato, pickle, & onion, served with ranch dressing. Complete with potato salad, chips, pineapple wedge, cookie, & fountain drink. OR veggie burger with French fries & fountain drink.
- Gluten-free choice: veggie burger (no bun)