- Available Now
KUALOA RANCH: JURASSIC VALLEY & ADVENTURE TOURS
- Duration: 7 – 7.5 hours
- Availability: Daily
- Time: Varies based on tour or activity
- Best of Kualoa Experience Package
- Adult (13+)
- Child (3-12)
Visit Kualoa, a working cattle ranch, and farm, for exciting experiences and adventures! Explore the spectacular views of the location where Jurassic Park was filmed, make some lovable new friends at the petting zoo, walk the filming grounds of famous motion pictures, and visit an old military bunker now dedicated to those famous locales.
Tour a jungle or a secret island, visit Hawaiian fishponds and gardens, go for a horseback ride, or drive an ATV to the more remote corners of the ranch.
There is something for everyone at this one-of-a-kind, family-owned cattle ranch. Kualoa is preserved and managed by the sixth-generation Kamaaina family, who are committed to preserving the natural beauty and cultural significance for future generations to enjoy.
We recommend booking at least 2-3 weeks in advanced due to tours selling out quickly.
“The World’s Most Famous Private Nature Reserve – Where Legends Are Made”
Looking to see more of the island? The Roberts Hawaii Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour stops at Kualoa for lunch, giving you a taste of what this fascinating place has to offer.
- Your safety is very important to us. Please carefully read the restrictions and instructions specific to each activity.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at check-in to sign the liability waiver.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult on all tours.
Amenities available at Kualoa
- The Kualoa History Hall, an on-site museum containing artifacts pertaining to the history and legacy of Kualoa and the Judd family
- The Judd theater, where guests can learn more about ranch operations and the historical background of the ranch
- A petting zoo where children can interact with Kualoa’s adorable potbelly pigs, tortoises, and goats
- A sculpture garden overlooking Mokolii Island and other works of art
- Aunty Pat’s Cafe, a paniolo-style cafe featuring fresh, Hawaiian-style, homemade cooking
- The Kualoa Gift Shop for souvenirs to capture your memories at the ranch
Cancellations made outside of 72 hours from service day is subject to a 10% cancellation fee. Please allow 10-12 working days for refunds to be processed back to your card. Cancellations made less than 72 hours from service day is non-refundable. (100% charge). No shows are subject to full charge.
49-560 Kamehameha Hwy.
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Driving to Kualoa from Waikiki
Kualoa is just 45 minutes from Waikiki. Take the H-1 Freeway west to the Likelike Highway, Route #63. Proceed up the Likelike Highway and go through the Wilson Tunnel. Descend towards beautiful Kaneohe town and exit onto Kahekili Highway, Route #83, heading north. Continue along Kahekili Highway – note that the road becomes Kamehameha Highway as you pass the historic “Hygienic Store” in the village of Kahalu’u. In about 10 minutes you will see signs indicating you are approaching the Kualoa entrance which will be on your left as you round the curve past Mokoli’i Island (Chinaman’s Hat). Of course, the easiest way is to search for Kualoa Ranch in Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps or any other smartphone or GPS app or use the street address which is 49-560 Kamehameha Highway, KANEOHE, HI 96744.
City Bus Directions
Getting to Kualoa on Honolulu’s City Bus is the most affordable option, although it will take the longest time. From Waikiki Hotels, take any of these buses … #8, #19, #20, #23, #42, #60 or #88A to Kualoa Ranch. Fare is $3 one way for adults, $2 for children.
- Movie Site Tour, 90 min
- Tropical Garden Tour, 90min
- Jungle Expedition Tour, 90min
- Kualoa Ranch House Lanai Lunch Pack
- Kualoa Amenities
- Petting Zoo
- Kualoa History Hall
- Judd Theater
- Sculpture Garden
- Gift Shop
Visit where many Hollywood movies and TV shows were filmed including Jurassic Park, Godzilla, 50 First Dates, Lost, and Hawaii Five-O on the Movie Site Tour. After your bus ride around the expansive property, explore the 55-acre garden on the Tropical Garden Tour. Taste native fruit and learn about the tropical plants that grow in Hawaii. Top off your day with the Jungle Expedition Tour that boasts an exciting jeep ride to breathtaking views of nature and ocean.
- Guests must be 3 years or older to participate.
- Guests with back problems are advised not to participate in the Jungle Expedition tour.
- Infants and expectant mothers may not participate in the Jungle Expedition portion of this tour. Please request the Ocean Voyage Tour in place of Jungle Expedition.
- Transportation from/to designated Waikiki Hotel available for an additional $31.41 p/passenger.
- Adult (Age 13 and older): $157.01
- Child (Age 3-12): $104.66
Two hour guided walking horseback tour offers guests the opportunity to experience the spectacular scenery of the Kaaawa “Jurassic” valley. If you’re up for a relaxing 2 hour journey through the beautiful ranch, you’ll enjoy this guided walking tour.
- Guests must be 10 years or older to participate.
- For the protection of the horses, a maximum weight of 230lbs (104 kg) is enforced. All guests on this tour will be weighed at check-in.
- Adult (Age 13 and older): $151.78
- Child (Age 10-12): $94.19
The amazing “Jurassic Valley” Zipline Tour criss-crosses the beautiful Ka’a’awa Valley with 7 exciting tandem stations, a suspension bridge & 3 mini-hiking nature trails. All 7 lines use a fully automated braking system … no leather gloves needed!
- Guests must be 7 years or older to participate.
- All guests must meet the following body size requirements to properly fit in the safety harness.
- Height: 4’8” – 6’9” (1.4m – 2.05 m)
- Waist Size: 22” – 50” (55cm – 127cm)
- Upper Thigh Size: 18” – 28” (45cm – 71cm)
- Weight: 70lbs or 30kg – 280lbs or 127kg
Adult (Age 13 and older): $183.19
Child (Age 10-12): $146.54
Multi-passenger ATV Raptor vehicles are a great way to see Kualoa up close and personal! You will have your own Raptor to drive into the remote areas of Kaaawa “Jurassic” Valley as well as the lush Hakipu’u rain forests where surprises await. This is by far Kualoa’s most popular adventure tour.
- Minimum Driver age is 21 years. Drivers must have a valid drivers license and may be liable for any damages to the Raptors if damage is caused by negligence or recklessness. A liability waiver must be signed by all guests prior to departing on the tour.
- Minimum 2 Passengers per vehicle
- Minimum 5 Years of age
Adult (Age 13 and older): $151.78
Child (Age 5-12): $73.24
Experience Tours (90 minute tours) – Choose on of the following tours:
Adult (Age 13+): $54.40
Child (Age 3-12): $38.69
Movie Site Tour:
Experience the familiar Ka’a’awa Valley, known as Hollywood’s “Hawaii Backlot,” to see where over 300 of Hollywood’s biggest blockbuster movies and TV shows were filmed, including Jurassic Park, Jumanji and 50 First Dates.
Jungle Expedition Tour:
Jump on board for an adventurous and rugged Jungle Jeep Expedition deep into the beautiful Hakipu`u “Jurassic” rainforest. This lush and tropical Hawaiian rainforest is where many of the Jurassic World, Kong Skull Island and Jumanji scenes were filmed.
Ocean Voyage Tour:
Enjoy a catamaran tour and see the amazing scenery of Oahu’s windward side and the blue waters of Kaneohe Bay. Youll travel across the 800 year old fishpond, go across to the Secret Island, and board the 48 passenger catamaran to circle out to Mokoli’i island. If you’re lucky you could even see some turtles feeding in the reefs.
Aloha ‘Aina Tour:
Guests will travel on an open air Trolley and learn about the many Kualoa Farming operations. Explore the tropical fruit and flower gardens of Moli’i, the ancient fishpond and aquaculture operation along the shores fronting the “Secret Beach.”
The Secret Island Beach Adventure is an ideal place to relax and spend the day with family and friends and enjoy water sports and beach games. Bring your sunscreen, swimsuit, water shoes, towel, shades and a camera for a fun-filled beach day. Some activities available may include kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, beach volleyball, table tennis, or horseshoes and are available on a first come, first served basis. In addition to activities, you can just relax and read a book in a hammock under a swaying palm tree. Showers and changing rooms are available on Secret Island so bring a change of clothes and a towel if you’re planning to take a dip in the ocean. You can bring your own drink coolers and lunch/snacks if you want … just no glass bottles allowed … cans are preferred to avoid using single-use plastics!
Activity Time Options:
Morning: 8:30AM-11:30AM (~2.5 hours of beach time)
Afternoon: 11:45AM – 2:45PM (~2.5 hours of beach time)
Full Day: 8:30AM – 2:45PM (~6 hours of beach time; lunch included!)
Recommended things to bring:
- Water shoes
- Snacks & water
- Make sure to charge your phone! No electricity is available on the beach
2.5 Hour options:
Adult (13+): $54.40
Child (3-12): $38.69
5.5 Hour option:
Adult (13+): $120.37
Child (3-12): $73.24
The deluxe 2.5-hour Jurassic Adventure Tour will take you to all of the iconic sites in both Hakipu’u and Ka’a’awa Valleys. Check out the spots made famous in Jurassic Park, Jurassic World and also Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and more!
Adult (Age 13+): $146.54
Child (Age 3-12): $73.24
Explore Kualoa on a peddle assisted electric Mountain Bike guided tour for an eco-friendly experience. Get close to nature on state-of-the-art eBikes which can give you an assist whenever you decide.
- 10 Years Old Minimum Age
- Must know how to ride a bike
Adult (Age 13+): $125.60
Child (Age 10-12): $94.19
2-hour eco-adventure that includes various experiencing an immersive day in old Hawaiian taro fields, where kalo is cultivated to make poi. An amazing experience in a beautiful setting and you’ll learn a little about Hawaiian culture along the way.
Adult (Age 13+): $54.40
Child (Age 5-12): $38.69
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“This ranch is a must visit as you get to see the movie backdrops of many movies and shows such as Kong, Jurassic World, Lost, etc. It’s a must visit and great for families with young children.” – Visitor, West Covina, California (Trip Advisor)
“Travelled with my mother. We had the best day! Very well organized, no issues with anything. Staff were all really friendly and helpful. One of the best things we’ve done on Oahu. Will definitely be back!” – Visitor (Trip Advisor)
“We took the 1-hour raptor ride with our 5 year old boy and had a blast!! The scenery at Kualoa Ranch is simply out of this world and we had so much fun on the ride as it was sunny one moment and raining the other. It was so much fun with the rain hitting hard against our face, going up and down the bumps and navigating the tight turn! This is definitely a must-try and once in a lifetime experience if you are there! Don’t miss this especially if you are traveling with young ones and is not able to take the ATV ride.” – Visitor, Singapore (Trip Advisor)