The guided excursion ventures to some of the island’s most spectacular destinations, including Waimea Canyon and the Spouting Horn, and ends with a cruise down Wailua River.
- Duration: Full day
- Availability: Daily
- Time: 5:15 a.m.
ONE-DAY KAUAI TOUR: WAIMEA CANYON & FERN GROTTO TOUR
For those hoping to be swept away by Kauai’s stunning scenery, this picturesque adventure is just for you. The Kauai day tour takes you to some of the Garden Isle’s most spectacular destinations.
The day begins with a drive past the uncanny likeness of Britain’s Queen Victoria etched on the Haupu Mountain range, then continues through a remarkable tunnel of 500 eucalyptus trees towering more than 100 feet.
After a drive through Koloa Town, you will head to the Spouting Horn – one of the island’s most photographed spots where ocean water erupts through underground lava tubes. Then it’s time to see the 3,000-foot deep Waimea Canyon, often described as ‘The Grand Canyon of the Pacific.’ With its vibrant red soil and amazing greenery, it definitely is one of the most spectacular sights on the island.
Other stops include the Opaekaa Falls Lookout and Fern Grotto, a gorgeous tropical grotto rainforest once reserved for Hawaiian royalty. The tour ends on the Wailua River, where you will take a relaxing Wailua river boat cruise surrounded by lush jungle landscapes.
*Your safety and comfort are our No. 1 priority. Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at the tour driver’s discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, venue hours of operation etc. Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather and lava viewing conditions. Wear sturdy, covered walking shoes. Anticipate both sun and rain conditions.
KAUAI DAY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS (* denotes stops made)
- Tunnel of Trees -Over a century ago, 500 eucalyptus trees were planted here. Today, they tower more than 100 feet and make a spectacular entry to Koloa.
- Koloa Town -Holds the rich history of Hawaii’s sugar plantation days.
- Spouting Horn* -One of the most photographed spots on Kauai with ocean water spraying like a geyser up to 50 feet in the air.
- Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park -The last Russian fort in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Captain Cook’s Landing -Where the British discover Captain James Cook first landed and discovered Hawaii.
- Waimea Canyon* – Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, it was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano.
- Holo Holo Ku Heiau – A sacrificial stone foundation.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* -Most accessible waterfall on the island. Location where Donovan’s Reef, Lt. Robin Crusoe, USN, and Seven Women from Hell was filmed.
- Fern Grotto* -Discover the beauty of a tropical rainforest filled with lush native plants.
- Wailua River Boat Cruise* -Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawaii.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout* -A picturesque view of the lush tropical valley that was once a Hawaiian taro farming community with some of the patches still being farmed today.
- Queen Victoria’s Profile – The Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of Britain’s Queen Victoria.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING KAUAI ISLAND HOPPING TOUR
“Our guide was very knowledgeable and kept us entertained through the day. Great tour and we saw very thing listed on the description. Enjoyed the boat ride to the fern grotto as well as the entertainers onboard. Appreciate the free hotel pick up and drop off.” – Visitor (Trip Advisor)
“The Roberts Hawaii tour to Waimea Canyon was awesome! We had a great driver, who was a walking encyclopaedia of the history of this island and the canyon. He talked for the 2-hour drive there and back. We made a stop at the Spouting Horn, which was really cool to see on the way to the canyon. Beautiful area. The canyon itself is amazing! Mark Twain dubbed it the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. Could not believe my eyes at the beauty of it. So worth the trip to see. Don’t miss it!” – Visitor, Fayetteville, North Carolina (Trip Advisor)
“We were so glad that we chose Roberts Hawaii for our tour. The guide is easily the most pleasant, knowledgeable, and fiendishly hilarious guide I’ve met in a long time. She had the whole group captivated from start to finish with her witty sense of humour, and her personal love of the island. We saw so much and really bonded with Kauai in a very meaningful way. Thank you Roberts Hawaii.” – Visitor, Adelaide, Australia (Trip Advisor)
- Important Information
- Tour departs from Kauai’s first pick-up location at 7:45 a.m. and returns at 6 p.m.
- We stop at Paradise Garden instead if Fern Grotto is closed for repair work.
- Moderate walking – please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately.
- Lunch is available for purchase.
- Your safety and comfort are our #1 priority. Tour highlights are subject to change without notice and may vary at tour driver discretion in order to take into account National Park Service advisories, weather advisories, traffic advisories, road closures and detours, venue hours of operation, etc…
- Weather is unpredictable. Anticipate both sun and rain conditions.
- ADA Requests
- The Wailua Boat Cruise is not ADA accessible. Guests unable to walk need to be carried in/out of the boat.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be specified in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require ADA vehicle reservations to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
- Cancellation Terms
- Once purchased, this tour fee is non-refundable and the tour cannot be canceled. Due to airline restrictions, passenger name changes are not permitted under any circumstance, and switching airlines may not be an option. Airline change penalty fees may apply and vary by airline and fare type.
- No-shows incur full charges – No refunds