With its striking natural beauty, Kauai has long been a destination for Hollywood filmmakers intent on capturing the island’s unspoiled terrain. See famous locations for Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, and more!
- Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Availability: Call for availability
- Time: 4:15 p.m. – 9 p.m.
SMITH’S FAMILY GARDEN
Revel in the music of the island, a portion of history preserved through songs and chants called mele. Celebrate Hawaiian traditions as well as songs and dances from other cultures that share this tropical paradise. From Hawaiian hula to Tahitian drum dances and Samoan fire knife dances, join these talented performers in the rhythm of aloha.
- Important Information
- Transportation is not provided.
- Check in at 4:45 p.m. from November to February and 5 p.m. from March to October
- Closed Saturdays and Sundays
- Hours of operation and menu are subject to change without notice due to weather, seasonality of food, etc.
- Located at Wailua Marina State Park
DID YOU KNOW?
Back in ancient Hawaii, men and women were only allowed to eat their meals separately. In 1819, King Kamehameha II removed all religious laws that were practiced and performed a symbolic act by eating with the women, thus ending the taboo. This is when the first luau parties were said to have been created.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“We have visited the islands more the 10 times and I would choose this luau over any other.” – Visitor, The Netherlands (Trip Advisor)
“We had 18 family members attend this family-owned dinner and luau on a lush property – well-maintained with peacocks, chickens, trees and the most accommodating staff. All you can eat and drink as well as a great luau! A must-attend by anyone of any age.” – Visitor, Florida (Trip Advisor)
“An evening of rain didn’t dampen the great atmosphere at the Smith’s Family Garden Luau. We loved the food (especially the teriyaki beef, pulled pork and macaroni salad), the warm welcome of the servers and staff and the delightful entertainment.” – Visitor, Ireland (Trip Advisor)
SMITH’S FAMILY GARDEN LUAU ATTRACTION HIGHLIGHTS
- Shell lei greeting – Receive a shell lei and either take a narrated tram tour or a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens.
- Imu Ceremony – Meet some of the Smith family members and learn how the kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked to perfection in the earthen imu oven
- Cocktails and Hawaiian Music – Enjoy a mai tai, beer or glass of wine at the open bar while the Smith family entertains with Hawaiian songs.
- Luau feast – Sample kalua pork, beef teriyaki, chicken adobo, poi, mac salad, sweet’n’sour mahimahi (fish) and much more
- Rhythm of Aloha – A rhythmic and colorful show with performances hailing from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Philippines, New Zealand, China and Japan.