The guided excursion ventures to some of the island’s most spectacular destinations, including Waimea Canyon and the Spouting Horn, and ends with a cruise down Wailua River.
- Duration: Approximately 6.5 hours
- Availability: Daily
- Time: 7:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Hotel Pickup: 7:45 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- Adult Ages 12+
- $85 $61.50
- Child Ages 4 - 11
- $70 $49.50
- Infant Ages 3 & Under
About Waimea Canyon Tour
This tour takes you right up to the rim of one of the most awe-inspiring sites in Hawaii—Waimea Canyon, the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” Thousands of years of erosion have turned the canyon walls into a multi-hued canvas, where shadows and light produce a never-ending show. This tour also offers a spectacular view of Kauai’s western coast.
Tour Overview (* denotes stops made)
- Spouting Horn* – One of the most photographed spots on Kauai with ocean water spraying like a geyser up to 50 feet in the air.
- Waimea Canyon* – Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, it was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout* – A picturesque view of the lush tropical valley that was once a Hawaiian taro farming community with some of the patches still being farmed today.
- Queen Victoria’s Profile – The Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of Britain’s Queen Victoria.
- Waimea Town – This old seaport was the first landing site of European explorers. Today, it is home to the island’s last sugar plantation and located in the backyard of high tech companies and small businesses.
- Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park – The last Russian fort in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Koloa Town – Holds the rich history of Hawaii’s sugar plantation days.
- Tour departs first pick-up location at 7:45 a.m. and returns at 3 p.m.
- Moderate walking, please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately.
- Locations/routes may be modified due to National Park and State Park advisories.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the comment section at the time of booking.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, the type of wheelchair must be included in the comments section when booking online or by directly calling Roberts Hawaii. Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service.
- We make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of disabled travelers.
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service, for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.