With its striking natural beauty, Kauai has long been a destination for Hollywood filmmakers intent on capturing the island’s unspoiled terrain. See famous locations for Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, and more!
SMITH’S FAMILY GARDEN LUAU
- Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Availability: Call for availability
- Time: (All times are subject to change and are approximate)
- November – February: 4:45 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- March – October: 5:00 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Notes: No transportation available at this time.
- Adult Ages 14+
- Child Ages 7 - 13
- Young Child Ages 3 - 6
Smith’s Family Garden
Revel in the music of the island, a portion of history preserved through songs and chants called mele. Celebrate Hawaiian traditions as well as songs and dances from other cultures that share this tropical paradise. From Hawaiian hula to Tahitian drum dances and Samoan fire knife dances, join these talented performers in the rhythm of aloha.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Check in at 4:45 p.m. from November to February and 5 p.m. from March to October
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. Closed Tuesday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Hours of operation and menu are subject to change without notice due to weather, seasonality of food, etc.
- Located at Wailua Marina State Park
- Current Health & Safety Guidelines Click Here
DID YOU KNOW?
Back in ancient Hawaii, men and women were only allowed to eat their meals separately. In 1819, King Kamehameha II removed all religious laws that were practiced and performed a symbolic act by eating with the women, thus ending the taboo. This is when the first luau parties were said to have been created.
- Shell lei greeting – Receive a shell lei and either take a narrated tram tour or a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens.
- Imu Ceremony – Meet some of the Smith family members and learn how the kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked to perfection in the earthen imu oven
- Cocktails and Hawaiian Music – Enjoy a mai tai, beer or glass of wine at the open bar while the Smith family entertains with Hawaiian songs.
- Luau feast – Sample kalua pork, beef teriyaki, chicken adobo, poi, mac salad, sweet’n’sour mahimahi (fish) and much more
- Rhythm of Aloha – A rhythmic and colorful show with performances hailing from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Philippines, New Zealand, China and Japan.