WAIMEA CANYON & FERN GROTTO TOUR
See lush vegetation covering all altitudes in this memorable adventure of The Garden Isle
Your Online Special (USD)
|Save: $13.00||Save: $9.50|
- Waimea Canyon*
- Fern Grotto*
- Captain Cook's Landing
- Wailua River Boat Cruise*
- Spouting Horn*
- Koloa Town
- Queen Victoria's profile
- Holo-holo Ku Heiau (sacred sight)
- Fort Elizabeth
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout*
- Coco Palms Grove
*denotes stops made
- Wear walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Lunch available for purchase.
- Safety is our primary concern. Due to unstable rock conditions, the park does not currently allow entrance to the grotto. A stop at Paradise Park is substituted with viewing of the grotto from observation platform.
- Kapaa/Wailua Depart: 7:45AM - 8:00AM Return: 5:10PM - 5:20 PM
- Lihue/ Airport Depart: 8:00AM - 8:15AM Return: 5:20PM - 5:30PM
- Koloa/Poipu Depart: 8:45AM Return: 5:30PM - 5:45PM
The Magic of Kauai Captured in a Day
A visit to both sides of the island is a study in contrasts. You’ll see how the walls of Waimea Canyon, formed over thousands of years by volcanic activity and erosion, play against the dense, emerald green foliage found in so many other regions of Kauai.
Seeing Kauai’s most beautiful spots in person will demonstrate why this island is known as “The Garden Isle”. During your all-day tour, the lush vegetation covering all altitudes will surround you: from towering Eucalyptus trees projecting from the 3,500-foot cliffs to the deep valleys and fern-covered grottos.
In stark contrast to all of Kauai’s lushness is Waimea Canyon State Park. Over thousands of years earthquakes and erosion have created dramatic variation in the landscape. Waimea Canyon, “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific” is one of the showpieces on the tour and offers one of the best views of the western coast of the island.
On the eastern side of the island you’ll take a boat cruise down the Wailua River. In the midst of the intensely green landscape, you’ll find the Fern Grotto, draped in tropical ferns.